Easy Ways to Overcome Fatigue – Weary or tired can be caused by many things, ranging from excessive activity, psychological conditions, to lifestyle. But not many people know that changing some simple habits turned out to be a way to overcome fatigue.
Causes and solutions to address the actual fatigue can be traced from everyday activities such as stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, until the psychological problem.
Easy Ways to Overcome Fatigue
Do not let the often tired and sleepy reduce productivity. Identify the main causes and how to overcome fatigue.
Watch and change the food you eat
Certain foods may increase energy levels, while on the contrary, some foods can make you feel often tired. Note the following guidelines so that food can actually be a source of energy that are not easily tired.
- Caffeine may make you excited in the morning. But the effect was only momentary. Once the caffeine leaves the body, you will feel fatigue or called caffeine crash .
- Drink enough to meet the needs of body fluids because dehydration can cause fatigue.
- Limit consumption of processed or refined foods such as burgers, packaged food, candy. These foods contain preservatives and salt that make the body work more slowly.
- Choose fresh food contains more nutrients. This can be done by eating fruit accordance season, so the fruit mature naturally.
- Nuts provide energy to reduce fatigue.
- Consuming fish oil containing omega-3 as salmon turned out to spur the spirit and reduce fatigue.
- Being overweight will burden the heart so as to make the body more easily tired. Reduce portion sizes and consumption of food with balanced nutrition that excess weight down. Weight loss to be normal this will improve energy, mood , and quality of life.
- Eat small meals more frequently can stabilize blood sugar levels. This can be done by eating healthy snacks every 3-4 hours.
- Choose complex carbohydrates to prevent the increase and decrease in blood sugar levels in a short time.
- Avoid consumption of liquor. Although consuming alcohol can make you sleep better at night, it turns out alcohol can make you sleep less soundly. But the next day you will feel more tired than before.
By choosing the right food from day to day, the body will be more powerful and not easily sleepy and tired.
The study found that about 50-80% of the causes of fatigue is a psychological factor. Know yourself and the problem that is happening and take steps to address them.
- Chronic stress can lead to burnout. Try different relaxation methods like yoga and meditation. Doing things that you like is also a way to relieve stress.
- Doing too many things that are asked of others is one source of stress. Learn to say no to things that did not want to work.
- Take a break in the middle of your regular work to be more productive when you return to work. The excitement and laughter is a good energy booster to relieve tired.
- Conflict in the workplace may be weighing on your mind and get you quickly tired. Solve problems with communication that is not prolonged.
It is important to address the issue of the causes of stress so that the body does not feel tired prolonged.
You may feel very lazy to exercise or be active if you feel tired. However, many studies have found that physical activity actually really can increase energy levels. According to a professor and expert on exercise physiology , exercise can actually improve morale, confidence, effectiveness in work, and the quality of overall health. Just to walk for 15 minutes can be useful to overcome fatigue. Increase your activity gradually up to 2.5 hours per week. For example, by cycling or swimming every week.
Inadequate needs a break
Lack of sleep is one of the main causes of fatigue. Fill the rest needs to familiarize go to sleep and wake up at the same hour every day. Many people feel sleepy after lunch. Nap about 10 minutes was found to increase job readiness. However, it should be advised not to sleep more than 30 minutes for the night you do not have difficulty sleeping. If you find it difficult to sleep, avoid taking sleeping pills . If you suffer from insomnia, and deal with the basic causes of this condition is to consult a doctor. So you do not need to take sleeping pills to rest.
On the other hand, often tired can be triggered by the consumption of certain drugs such as antihistamines, diuretics, drugs to treat blood pressure, and some other drugs. Consult if fatigue often appears after you take these medications. In addition, fatigue can be a symptom of more serious chronic diseases such as anemia , diabetes , heart disease , thyroid disorders , and sleep apnea . If you’ve done all of the above but still feel tired, it’s good to see a doctor.